Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Video Card Performance Dropped?

Hey there. I have a nVidia GeForce 9600 1024mb Video card. I used to be able to play Crysis on High with about 60 FPS. I used to have 100+ COD4 With settings maxed out.





One day I logged onto COD4, and it was running verryy slow and saw 4 FPS.. I was very confused. After expiermenting, I saw a sudden decrease in video performance. I now get like 30/40 FPS in CS 1.6.



I've tried about everything I can think of to try and fix. New drivers, took out of computer and looked, nothing physically wrong, and can't figure it out!





Is there anything you can think of I can possibly do to try and fix it. Such as certain programs that cleans the GPU, or anything..





Here's my setup incase you need it.



Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPU's), ~2.2GHz

2046 MB Ram

DirectX 10

320GB Hard Drive

nVidia GeForce 9600 1024mb memory

S-series GA-P35-DS3L/S3L Motherboard









HELP!





|||Ok i checked your link and i got a few suggestions.



Try checking the refresh rate of your monitor under advanced where you set your screen resolution. If the refresh rate is set to anything lower than 60 then that could cause a performance drop. Set it as high as possible with your chosen resolution



Defrag but i have a feeling you tried that. To access Vista Disk Defragmenter, click on the Vista Start Button, hover over All Programs, hover on Accessories, hover over System Tools, and click on Disk “Defragmenter”.|||Hi. Your system has really good specs so I would suspect either an anti-virus conflict or a registry corruption issue. Try http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php for malware and http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_clea… registry cleaner. Both free.|||HOW THE HELL DID YOU MANAGE 60 FPS ON CRYIS AND ON HIGH WITH A 9600!

No comments:

Post a Comment